Fixing API2/ & Tweaking API/


I went ahead and finally got most of the API2 working. Adding a second Laravel application wasn’t exactly the easiest when I had to make the new Auth features work. It wasn’t a simple installation, there were a lot of random issues that I had to go through. Quite simply, frustrating. After I have ironed out many of the issues (I still have the weird subdirectory issue) the login and registration work.

Livewire Issues

I had some issues with Livewire, a scaffolding for designing “magical” web pages using Laravel. While I don’t know the entire full scope of Livewire, I know that it provides some awesome functionality for updating seemingly static components on a webpage. I hope to explore more that it has to offer when developing more Antilobby features. These issues I had were more so an issue with detecting the blades used to server Livewire. I had to tweak a few settings and make sure permissions were set and that the Laravel caches were cleared. Strange thing when I had only changed a few items. I also had some weird issue with a library for charts. I had gone ahead and adapted the Chart library differently without using the established Artisan command for adding new ones. So the system I had originally put in place… I don’t really use it. I use mainly the logic that was used in the library for those charts. Now after tinkering with some things, some of the charts in the main application broke. I’ll have to check that out next session.

Other Livewire issues…

Livewire comes with its own set of scripts that must be placed on every page where you intend on using it. This was fighting me for awhile. Livewire does have a config file that will allow me to change how source links are generated when you call it. I had to use the command php artisan livewire:publish so that the application would provide an actual set of files to change these settings with (changing the vendor files don’t work).


So after a few sessions of coming back and tinkering with things, I can finally authenticate users and have them register. And the bonus is that I can detect these sessions on the other Laravel application using the standard auth procedures. Next step… learn more about these procedures so I can get the user information using the Controllers.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *